Once a week, I take the opportunity to reflect on the little and big things I am thankful for. Some are silly, some are serious, but all are true. Remembering to be thankful helps me to feel peaceful and happy. I find myself more focused on the positive things happening throughout my days so that I have things to post each Thursday. It’s been a lifesaver for me as I battle with depression related to my illness and disability. So, enjoy the things that have me thankful this week – I hope they remind you to be thankful, too.
Be thankful for what you have and you will end up having more. But if you concentrate on what you don’t have, you’ll never, ever have enough.
- I am thankful for new blogging friends. It’s always awesome to ‘meet’ new people and I’ve met some awesome ones!
- I am thankful that I am going on vacation in 2 days AND I get to see Marine. It’s been since Thanksgiving since I’ve seen Marine and Feather. They have no idea what they’re in for. Their quiet life and new, white furniture is in for a shock when the kids and I take over.
- I am thankful for an awesome sister and my even awesomer nephews. Here’s some pictures of the best nephews in the world.
- I am thankful for being featured on my blogging BFF Lisa’s blog. Please take a moment to go and check it out here. I thank you!!
- I am thankful the first contest at Club-Content was successful and so much fun. And, to top it off, I won lol! I don’t feel quite right winning, but I am honored that my friends thought my writing was good. Here’s the post I entered if you’d like to read it. Warning, may cause misting of the eyes. Kleenex are handy.
- I am thankful that I am recovering from my pneumonia. I am still sick, but not as bad as I was. I have vowed to never get this sick again.
- I am thankful for a wonderful birthday. I’m another year older, but I got some really great presents.
- I am thankful the new medication for polymyositis seems to be helping. And I’m not experiencing too many nasty side effects from it.
- I am thankful Drama got a first place in her solo flute competition.
- I am thankful for the start of soccer and baseball season.