Once a week, I take the opportunity to reflect on the little and big things I am thankful for. Some are silly, some are serious, but all are true. Remembering to be thankful helps me to feel peaceful and happy. I find myself more focused on the positive things happening throughout my days so that I have things to post each Thursday. It’s been a lifesaver for me as I battle with depression related to my illness and disability. So, enjoy the things that have me thankful this week – I hope they remind you to be thankful, too.
Be thankful for what you have and you will end up having more. But if you concentrate on what you don’t have, you’ll never, ever have enough.
- I am thankful that Marine is leaving Afghanistan in 15 days. Just 15 more days.
- I am thankful for the kids going back to school. Everyone is happier with a schedule and routine.
- I am thankful that my husband has been working closer to home and able to come home every night. Although I’ve yet to actually see him awake (please see #5 below), it’s nice to have him to snuggle with.
- I am thankful for Pandora and Vevo and SoundHound. Who knew there were so many cool music apps out there?
- I am thankful that Drama made the travel soccer team. Though she is wearing me out – she’s in cross country (5 days/week), winter swim team (4-5 days/week), travel soccer (2 days/week), regular soccer (2 days/week), band (1 day/week outside school hours), strings (1 day/week outside school hours), and gymnastics (1 day/week). Doesn’t that just make you tired to read it?
Link up with me and share your Thankful Thursday posts. Even if you’re not Thankful on Thursday, go ahead and link up your gratitude post – whatever it may be! This linky will be reset once a week…so link up and visit others throughout the week when you need a little inspiration or uplifting
You can also post this linky on your own blog and have your readers link up their Thankful Thursday posts! That way, everyone gets to read more. There’s no rules, but it is super nice to return the favor to those who visit you. Just click on “Grab This Code” below.