Many of you probably don’t know that my husband left me about 2 months ago (well, he actually kicked me out of our house). Because of my polymyositis, I can’t work and only have my social security disability income to live on, plus anything I manage to make with my blog design business. This has been very hard on me, we were married for 10 years and in love for 24 (well, I was in love, apparently he was not). My older boys went to live with their dad in the midst of the fiasco, and my little man stayed with his father – so now it’s just me and Drama. I’ve been very depressed, angry, and somewhere close to suicidal…but I’m getting better. I know of all the bad parts about being single after being a couple for so long, but I wanted to focus on the better parts of being single. So, here’s my (hopefully growing) list of perks of being single.
- I get the whole bed to myself.
- I get to watch whatever I want on TV, at the volume I prefer.
- I can skip shaving my legs when I want.
- I can eat dinner when I want, or skip it altogether.
- I’m the only one spending my money.
- I don’t feel obligated to clean the house when I don’t want to.
- I only have to wash my clothes.
- No one is lying to me or cheating on me.
- I don’t have to share candy or ice cream.
- I really can’t think of another one.
Help me out…tell me some other ‘bright sides’ to my new found single life!
In the spirit of summer and the ‘rebranding’ of SM Blog Design my blog design business, Lisa from insignificant at best and I are offering our readers a chance for a FREE Custom Blog Design! This custom blog design will be provided by yours truly and is a $200 – $300 value (depending on Blogger or WordPress – I’ll design for either!). The first runner up will receive 6 months of FREE hosting through my hosting company (or, if on Blogger, your choice of 3 Facebook Tabs or a set of 5 custom social icons). The second runner up will win a set of 3 Facebook Tabs!
3 chances to win!
Disclaimer – I was provided with Essentia Water to facilitate my review. However, my opinions are 100% my own.
I hate to say it, but over the years I’ve become a bit of a water snob. Way back in the day, I bought a pitcher that would filter out my water and keep it cold and since then I will only drink tap water when desperate. Sometimes tap water is tolerable, but for the most part it tastes like I’m drinking from someone’s chlorinated pool. Blech.
When I was approached to do a review for Essentia I jumped at the chance. Essentia totes itself as “super hydrating water” and I’m always up for trying new things, so they definitely piqued my curiosity. Essentia is functional water, which means it has gone through a process called Ionic Separation Technology (IST). This cool technology which was adapted from a process currently being used in Japan, creates an ultra-pure water that isn’t source dependent and has an idyllic pH.
I’m not going to bore you with the specifics, you can read up on that on Essentia’s site, but the level of pH in their water is fantastic for your health. It helps to make sure that your body’s level of acidity stays at a safe level, therefore improving your health. I didn’t even realize this until learning about Essentia, but too high of acidity can affect your bone density, your kidneys, your muscle strength, and more!
I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about trying Essentia, because it seems that drinks that are altered or put through different processes to make you healthier usually taste a bit weird. However, this was not the case with Essentia. In fact, I dare say I like it more than any other water I’ve tasted.
With my PM I’m not really able to work out, but I’m told that Essentia is great for those who do! It goes through a “3-step process that infuses your body with electrolytes and minerals that are filled with calcium, magnesium, sodium and potassium”. I can however attest to the fact that it tastes a million times better than other drinks that have electrolytes in them. I’d take Essentia over them in a heartbeat.
Also, I think Essentia would be really great for someone with the stomach flu. The electrolytes and minerals would be ideal for helping to replace all that you’re losing when you “get sick”. I definitely plan on buying some the next time my family or I come down with the flu.
Where to Buy
Essentia is extremely reasonable in price (ranges from $1.09 to $2.59, depending on bottle size and region it’s being sold in) and is sold a ton of different stores. Whole Foods, Publix, Safeway, Kroger, Albertsons, and Raley’s are just a few of the place it’s available. You can find more by going on their site.
- I am thankful that May 2013 is almost over. This is most likely the worst month of my life and I’m not sorry to see it go.
- I am thankful the city pool is open. Now the kids have something to do during the day besides be under my feet.
- I am thankful for Les and Hardcore Pawn. Yep, I’m seriously addicted to this show. May even have to take a road trip to go there.
- I am thankful that my stomach flu is finally better. I lost 10 pounds while sick, but that is NOT the way to go about losing weight.
- I am thankful for getting a little kitten. She is adorable.
How many times while nursing have you propped baby in just the perfect position only to find that now your back, neck, or shoulders are hurting…but baby is nursing happily so you just stay like that? I did it WAY too many times! That’s why I get so excited when I stumble across new products like the mombo™ Nursing Pillow!
If you are expecting, nursing, or just in need of a great shower gift, the mombo™ Nursing Pillow may be just what you’re looking for. The mombo™ is dual sided – the firm side for holding baby in perfect position while breastfeeding, and the soft side to allow baby to lounge. There is also vibration to help soothe baby. The vibration is optional and can be removed at any time.
Another great featured of the mombo nursing pillow is the removable and washable slipcover. Babies are messy and being able to keep the nursing pillow clean is essential. You can also buy the slipcovers individually to have a spare to slip on when you take the other off.
I seriously wish I would have had this when my kids were babies! I remember long hours of carefully propping baby so he could nurse while I had back cramps from being hunched over just ‘so’.
Harvard Sweet Boutique is a gourmet all-natural dessert company that offers handmade treats for all occasions. The mouth-watering artisan brownies, decadent cookies and dissolve-in-your-mouth toffee can be easily bought online and shipped to friends, loved ones and business associates for any occasion. Even for those with specific dietary needs, Harvard Sweet Boutique offers low-carbohydrate and gluten-free treats! ! They have a huge customer following and have been featured in national magazines like Every Day with Rachael Ray and InStyle.
The packaging is absolutely perfect and totally adorable! I almost didn’t want to open it...almost! But open it, I did =)
Every single morsel included was delicious! I received a sampling of brownies, cookies, and toffee – and it was AWESOME! I had to hide it all to keep my family for eating it!. My favorite was a caramel brownie…melty caramel in a yummy brownie…it was amazing. I wasn’t certain a baked good could travel and then arrive still looking and tasting good, but it can…and Harvard Sweet Boutique knows just how to accomplish this.
Here is some more information on Harvard Sweet Boutique:
- Harvard Sweet Boutique’s goodies are made with the finest ingredients, including rich European chocolate with the highest cocoa butter content, pure double-strength vanilla extracts, the finest flours, premium grade nuts, and fresh Grade A butter.
- Each made-to-order gift, for individual recipients or corporate bulk orders, is handsomely packaged in whimsical, customized gift boxes.
- Harvard Sweet Boutique also offers low-carbohydrate and gluten-free treats for people with specific dietary needs.
- Harvard Sweet Boutique was founded in 2007 as an online boutique. In 2012, founder Sue George opened her first brick-and-mortar retail location in Hudson, Mass.
- Harvard Sweet Boutique’s storefront offers local residents the same selection of gourmet sweets available on the website, as well as various in-store-only offerings.
- Boston Strong cookies
- All net proceeds from the sale of the Boston Strong cookies in store and online will be donated to The One Fund Boston, Inc.
- Boston Strong cookies can be purchased online to be shipped nationwide in a six-cookie assortment for $40 or 12-cookie assortment for $70. Cookies are bagged in cellophane, tied with coordinating ribbon and packaged in our custom gift boxes.
- Harvard Sweet Boutique offers a $5 flat fee for all ground shipping orders through the boutique’s website, www.harvardsweetboutique.com.
- All products are available in individual orders or corporate bulk purchases and include customized packaging with a selection of themed boxes, ribbon styles and countless colors to make a gift perfect for every recipient.
- Harvard Sweet Boutique also has a store location for local residents of the Boston area. It offers one-of-a-kind breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert options, as well as cakes, dessert platters, and custom-built gifts for special occasions.
It’s been a long while since I’ve written on my blog and even longer since I’ve written a Thankful Thursday post. I’ve had a lot of changes in my life recently, mostly all good, but change is always so very stressful. Without further ado, here’s what I’m thankful for this week!
- I am thankful for getting settled in. A house is only a home when you make it that way.
- I am thankful the kids are out of school for the summer.
- I am thankful for microwave ovens. You never know how much you need one til you don’t have one.
- I am thankful for having the best kids in the world.
- I am thankful that Pester graduated, the ceremony was beautiful and I’m so very proud of him!